Today at STYLEanthropy, let’s talk about the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette. A few weeks ago, I received the latest Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette to try and review before it even got released. I got all excited and started playing with makeup. It comes with instructions for different smoky looks. Opening the box and the makeup case was such a delight.
New Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette Review
I love the smoky effect of the makeup case that looked like a marbled lucite! You know me with my acrylic or lucite chairs and makeup holders. So this is totally my aesthetic. And then, lo and behold, open the makeup palette and you’re greeted with the loveliest of smoky shades. It was love at first sight!
There’s only one thing that I have yet to test with regards to the packaging though. Since it’s like a plastic or acrylic material, I’m not sure if it will break in case of an accident. I have been baby-ing this palette, and doing my best to guard and keep it from falling. But in case it does, I’m not sure if it will crack or break… something that the other metal makeup cases won’t be prone to. If this happens to you, I hope you’ll leave me a comment below so I’ll know and be able to report to other UD Naked lovers. And if it happens to me, I’ll make sure to update this space here.
Urban Decay nailed it with this new Naked Smoky palette. The dozen shades is a mix of sultry, smoky neutrals. There are metallic shades, satins and mattes. It mixes warm bronzes, grays, rich browns, deep black, taupes, blues and a deep violet. It includes 9 never-before-seen eye shadows with three exclusive shades. I love my previous Naked palettes but this one takes the cake!
So do you think I love this beauty palette? Heck yeah! I think I’ll give it a 5 out of 5 stars. I am obsessed with it!
Summer Evening Beauty Look with Naked Smoky
Now that I’ve told you my thoughts on the new Naked Smoky, how about a new makeup look using the product? I’ve created this summer evening beauty look for this post. Let’s start with the face.
- Start by priming your face. I swear by this primer. For under my eyes, I use this de-puffing formula and this lifting concealer. For hiding blemishes, I use this concealer.
- Once your face is almost flawless, let’s make it even more so! Go ahead and apply a liquid foundation using a blending sponge. I swear by this foundation and love my new sponge blender.
- I then use either a contour kit or play with Urban Decay Naked On The Run‘s bronzer and shadow to contour my cheeks, jaws, nose and hairline. I mix the bronzer and brown/taupe shadow to create an ideal contour shade for my complexion. But if you don’t want the fuzz, just go ahead and grab your favorite contour set, and brush on the hollows of your cheeks, jaw line, hair line and sides of your nose, and blend away so that no harsh lines are visible.
- I love the Naked On The Run’s blush, so that’s what I used in this look. Just make sure to smile to see the apples of your cheeks where you should apply the blush. To set my foundation and the rest of my face, I apply this Allure best of beauty winner microfinish powder.
- Below, I created a subtle smoky eye look using Urban Decay Naked Smoky‘s Password shade (for the outer V and crease), Smolder (for the eye lid), and Dirty Sweet (for the middle to inner corner of my eye lids).
- I used UD 24/7 glide-on eye pencil to line the top and bottom of my eyes. And oh my goodness, you have to forgive me but I totally forgot to curl my lashes and apply UD Perversion mascara! P.S. If you follow me on Snapchat (user: styleanthropy), then you know this wasn’t the original video I made. The first one I filmed, my battery died in the middle of filming. So I had to charge and reshoot a different day! I swear, I applied the mascara in the first video. Ugh. So Sorry I missed it here!!!
- Next, shape and define your eyebrows. Since I have a defined eyebrow. I just like to fill in the gaps and extend the ends a little bit. I used this brow liner and this brow gel.
- I know a dark berry lip seems apropos to fall/winter. But for summer 2015, bold lips are in! I used this lip color in #408 Jeanne.
- To set my makeup and make it last all summer night, I use the Urban Decay All Nighter.
To see everything in action, I created a makeup video for you along with my thoughts on the new UD Naked Smoky makeup. So grab some popcorn, veggie chips, acai bowl or whatever, and sit back, relax, and hit the play button below.
Hope you enjoyed watching my new makeup video. Wanna perfect your smoky eye? I know I have a lot of practicing to do myself, especially with different shades to try. So if you are with me on this smoky eye journey, then try the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette too.
The Naked Smoky will retail for $54 and will be available at Sephora, ULTA and select Macy’s. You can also shop for it online at urbandecay.com, sephora.com, ulta.com, macys.com and beauty.com. It will be available at UD’s website on July 8, but will be available at other retailers at a later date (July 12-16).
Disclosure: Thanks to Conde Nast Sway and Urban Decay for sponsoring this post. Note: this blog post was originally published on my older blog, My Fashion Juice.
STYLEanthropists, what do you think of the palette? Are you getting it? I’m totally loving it and I highly recommend it. Let me know if you get it and please share your looks or links to your posts if you have. Xo.