Don’t you wish it was still the weekend and you can just sleep in? A good night’s sleep really does affect one’s mood throughout the day. It also affects how you look the next day. Of course you need your Beauty Sleep! So if you want to be productive, feel energetic, and look bright and youthful, a restful sleep is key. So I thought I’d share with you some tips on how to get the best sleep possible.
5 Tips to Get a Good Night’s Sleep
When I wake up to a sore back or neck, or lack of restful sleep, I feel more sluggish throughout the day. You feel and look tired. It’s not a great way to start the day, isn’t it? So below, I’ve rounded up some tips that you can do to get the most out of your sleep!
- Be an adult and get enough sleep! #Adulting can be hard sometimes, huh? I know. Netflix binge-watching or PlayStation gaming can be so hard to resist. But if you know you have to wake up at 7 am, then be responsible to sleep at least 6-7 hours before that. Thank goodness I wake up at 9. LOL! I don’t have to shower, get dressed up and drive to work since I work from home. And thank goodness I can eat breakfast and start work in my jammies. But enough about me, check here to see the recommended hours of sleep per age category.
- If you’re having trouble sleeping, try using lavender oil or a lavender scented room spray. Lavender has a calming effect on our brains. It’s known to decrease heart rate and blood pressure, which gets you in a more relaxed state. If you have lavender oil, rub a few drops on palms, temples and feet.
- Don’t drink too much liquid 1-2 hours before bedtime. This is especially true for women or if you have an overactive bladder. I try my best to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. But when I get lazy to drink during the day, I try to compensate and reach my goal at night. Not a good idea. I end up waking at night because I have to pee. Sometimes, I wake up even twice! So make sure you space out your water throughout the day so you won’t have to catch up at night. Just take a few sips at night, and make sure to go to the bathroom to pee before you head to sleep.
- You need an allergy-free bed for a restful sleep. They say you need to replace your bed every 8 years. It may not look that beat up, but imagine the 8 years it has collected dust and dust mites that cause allergies. When was the last time you replaced your mattress? If you’re due, check my post here where I reviewed our new mattress c/o GhostBed. Aside from that, use mattress and pillow protectors that prevent dust and allergen buildup. Read my post about that here.
- Aside from allergy-free, your bed and pillows must be comfortable and provide support. I used to wake up to back aches prior to changing our bed. While our previous mattress hasn’t even lasted 8 years, there were parts of it that felt sagging. I love the GhostBed because it’s a firmer kind of mattress. So my back was fully supported as I sleep. After we switched, I haven’t experienced back pains from sleep. Aside from the mattress, a pillow that has great support is important too. Do you know that GhostBed now has GhostPillows? Let me share with you more about these new pillows below.
When I received the new GhostPillow in the mail, I was pleasantly surprised with the packaging. It came in a sturdy white box that felt like a designer purse was inside! Surely, the packaging and quality made it feel special and I immediately thought this would be a great Holiday gift to family and couple friends!
Features of the GhostPillow
Moving on from the awesome packaging, let’s talk about the features of the GhostPillow and why it’s special or unique.
- The Gel Memory Foam is aerated and has a top layer of phase change material. This is why this pillow is so comfortable. It cools you down but it doesn’t feel cold. Last week, I started a new treatment/medication that causes “hot flashes”. I’ve been sweating my head like crazy while my feet gets cold. It’s like I’m having chills. This pillow came at a perfect time because it helps my head cool down!
- Phase Changing Materia (PCM) is like a gel layer that has smart thermoregulatory properties. It senses and reacts to the changes in the body’s microclimate and automatically neutralizes those changes. Hidden inside this “Phase Change Gel layer” are innumerable microcapsules. These are like little heat reservoirs, capable of absorbing, storing and releasing energy. When the temperature goes up, the PCM goes into a liquid state, storing the heat and preventing the body from overheating. As the body starts to cool down, the PCM goes back to its solid state, releasing the stored heat and providing an ideal temperature neutral microclimate.
- There is a 100% cotton inner cover and a dual sided outer cover. All these components work together to provide perfect support for you head, neck and spine.
- The foam adapts independently sensing the weight of your head and the heat from your body and gently molds to you. As you lay on the pillow you will feel the pillow mold and contour to you. The foam will cradle your head and rise up to support your neck.
- The aerated foam in addition to the phase change material keep the sleeping environment cool and comfortable.
My Thoughts on the GhostPillow
When I first tried it out, I had to get used to the firmness of the pillow. I was used to the super soft down pillows that we’ve had before. But don’t get me wrong, the GhostPillow is soft. But it has more structure in order to support your head, neck and spine – which I love about it. After awhile, I’ve gotten used to it and like that it contours and molds to my head. The foam adapts to your head’s weight and form, giving it the support it needs. If you have neck, back, or spine issues, I highly suggest trying out the GhostPillow.
There shouldn’t be any scent, but when I first received my GhostPillows, there was a smell to it. To me it smelled like some peppermint oil or something similar that you usually smell at spas. I’ve read some reviews and others didn’t like it. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I thought it actually smelled relaxing. If you don’t like those smells though, don’t worry because it will eventually wear off in time.
Try it Risk-Free
Want to try GhostBed’s GhostPillows? Like with their mattresses, they offer a risk-free 101-night trial period. So after trying the pillows for 3 months and you’re not happy with it, then simply reach out to them about a return! But once you’ve tried it, I don’t think you won’t wanna give it back. Let me know if you try them out and what you think. Xo.
Disclosure: I was sent the GhostPillows to review but all opinions are my own.