This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrillNGear #CollectiveBias
The weather has been pretty warm lately, reminding us that summer is right at our doorstep. For most, that means vacations, pool parties, backyard grilling, and over all, just a perfect time to enjoy family and friends. So I thought today, I’d share a delicious pineapple burger recipe, perfect for throwing a pineapple party. I headed out to Giant Eagle the other day and got all of my ingredients ready. Are you ready to get the grill and party started?
Summer Grilling Party Needs From Giant Eagle
I live across a Giant Eagle grocery store. So it’s very convenient to find all my summer grilling needs and ingredients there. For this pineapple party, I decided to stick to the basics – burgers and cookies. You can’t go wrong with both and it makes entertaining (and cooking) so much easier. To jazz it up, I decided to add grilled pineapples to the burger because pineapples just scream summer to me! Here’s how I made them.
Pineapple Aloha Burger Recipe
Back in the Philippines where I was born and raised, one of the popular fast food chains there served an aloha burger – a burger with pineapples in it. So I thought, why not add in some grilled pineapples to this burger to recreate it? So I picked up these bacon cheddar burger patties from Giant Eagle and some sliced pineapples. I also got Giant Eagle burger buns, and some tomatoes and lettuce from their produce section.
- 8 Buns, I got mine at Giant Eagle
- 8 Bacon Cheddar Burger Patties from Giant Eagle's meat counter
- 1 can of sliced pineapples or slice fresh pineapples, you'll need 8 round slices
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1 head of lettuce, small to medium size
- Condiments like ketchup, mayo, and/or mustard to taste
- Butter for the buns
- Prepare the grill. While the grill is heating up, spread butter on the insides of the bun for a delicious buttery toast bun!
- Wash and cut the tomatoes and lettuce, and set aside. If using fresh pineapple, cut 8 round slices.
- Grill the pineapples on each side, about 3-5 minutes per side or until there are golden brown grill marks on the pineapple. Set aside in a platter.
- Next, grill the buns and the burgers side by side. If the grill isn't big enough, you can start with the burger patties. Grill to desired doneness.
- Follow up by lightly toasting the buns on the grill just for a few minutes to warm up the bread.
- Assemble the burger: put the bottom bun on a serving plate and top with lettuce, a slice of tomato, burger patty, and pineapple. Add in your favorite condiment and finish with the top bun. Enjoy!
- If serving for a group, use food picks to keep everything in place.
Ooh, can you see the cheddar bits and bacon oozing? Yum! I didn’t have to add cheese or bacon because they were already in the patty!
And guys, trust me, if you like pineapples or tropical flavors, you are gonna love this! My husband had two! He usually eats just one burger at a time. But that afternoon, he ate two. Seriously, you have to try this!
Now I like to make entertaining and cooking a breeze. So to enjoy more time with your guests and loved ones, I recommend adding in ready-to-eat food that you can just buy at the grocery. So for dessert, we tried the Farmhouse Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Usually, I like regular or milk chocolate. But this dark one was pretty good. In fact, it was so good I ate one even if I was already too full from the burger. I usually can’t eat dessert after a heavy meal. I reserve desserts later in the afternoon as a snack. But I was surprised this crispy thin cookie was so delicious!
Pineapple Party Theme
To add more fun to the spread, I decided to go all out pineapples. Hah! If you know me or have been following me for awhile, then you know I’m the crazy pineapple lady. I have pineapple candles, bag, dress, shirt, notebook, stickers, containers, cups, and jars. You get the idea. So how fun would it be to actually create a pineapple party theme? Let the pineapple party decoration begin!
Pineapple Party Decor
Like I said, I’ve been a pineapple addict for awhile now. So most of the decorations I used, I already have at home. Also, I have been gathering pineapple print party favors for awhile now. So finally, I was able to use those pineapple plates, napkins, straws, and food picks.
To add more pineapple touches to the table spread, I cut out leaves from green paper.
I taped them around the top of the drink bottles I was serving.
I tied a green ribbon around to secure pineapple straws in them.
And if you noticed, I picked yellow-colored drinks, specifically the new Izze Fusions Orange Mango and a sparkling clementine.
As far as the Pure Leaf brewed tea goes, I picked a lemon variety. So it has some yellow color in the bottle too.
To top it all off, a real pineapple fruit, decorated with colorful sunglasses is always a fun centerpiece or table decor. All these are from Giant Eagle. Now excuse me as I cut up that pineapple fruit now. It’s ripe and ready to be enjoyed.
Hope you liked this pineapple party theme I shared with you and please let me know what other pineapple decorations you think would be good to add here. And if there are any party themes you’d like me to share next time, please leave them in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to check out other ideas from Giant Eagle here and make sure to pin the image below to save for later! Happy summer grilling and party hosting, guys!