This Summer Beach Wave Hair Tutorial shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeBeachBlonde #CollectiveBias
Today at STYLEanthropy, let’s talk summer beach wave hair! I can almost taste summer… and yes, including the sun and saltiness of it all! But you don’t really need to wait for beach season to get that summer look. Sporting sexy beach waves in your hair will instantly transport you to a summer state of mind! Mind you, I will take beach wave hair any time of the year! There’s just something so fun, sexy and cool about this hairstyle. That’s why I’m going to show you how I do mine with the help of these beach wave hair products from John Frieda®. Let me introduce you to the John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ Collection!
You don’t have to be a blonde to sport this beach blonde babe hair style. You’re gonna look like you’ve gone surfing or you just came from the beach. Your girl friends will be jealous you didn’t invite them. So if you want that windblown hair, I’m sharing these super easy steps below. But first thing’s first, you’re going to need these hair products.
Summer Beach Waves with John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ Collection
- You’ll need the new John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ Sea Waves™ Sea Salt Spray to get that effortless beachy style girls like! It’s easier to achieve that tousled texture and that piecey perfection with this spray. Oh, one word of caution though. When you use this sea salt spray, you may want to plan a vacation stat because it smells like coconut and piña coladas! And just to let you know, this ain’t just for blondes! It’s for any hair color guys!
- You’re also gonna need John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ Collection Shampoo and Conditioner if you want to perfect that beachy windblown waves. The shampoo detoxifies for textured fullness you wanna achieve. And the conditioner detangles so you can still enjoy the soft touchable texture. Like the sea salt spray, this product is also for all hair colors.
Even the ducks know what’s up. You know something smells really good when even they came up this close to see what I have with me. Question: do you think they like coconut? 🙂
So are you ready to learn how to create this super easy summer hair style? Beach waves and windblown hair coming up…
1. First thing’s first, use the Beach Blonde™Cool Dip™ Shampoo to wash your hair.
2. Then use the Beach Blonde™Smooth Seas™ Conditioner after.
3. Now dry your hair with a blow dryer and keep your cool with a drink! Piña colada anyone?
Now if you’re like me who doesn’t want to use the hot blower often, you can just let your hair air-dry. You can sing in front of a fan if you like. No judging! Haha.
4. Now brush your hair and spray the Beach Blonde™Sea Waves™ Sea Salt Spray all over your hair.
5. Section your hair into top and bottom. Clip the top half up so we can begin curling the bottom section.
6. Grab an inch section of hair.
7. Place your curling iron a little above the ends of your hair. Leave about 2-3 inches, depending on your length of hair, less for short hair. Note: you can also use a flat iron to curl.
8. Now grab that end part of your hair as you wrap the top part of your hair into the curling iron.
9. Now hold for a few seconds, depending on the setting/instructions of your curling iron. I leave mine about 8 seconds before I release. As you can see, I’ve curled my hair leaving the end part. The goal is to achieve beach waves, not barrels or flirty curls. That’s why we are leaving the ends straight.
10. Now release and admire the beach wave. Continue curling the rest of the hair.
11. When you’re done with the whole head, lightly spray your hair all over and run your fingers through the hair to get that piecey texture. Scrunch up your hair as you comb with your fingers.
12. You’re done! Now you’ve got a super easy summer beach hairstyle!
So if you love this hair tutorial, you can find the new John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ Collection at Target at the haircare section. You can also check out their YouTube channel for more hair tutorials.
Aside from the scent and the formula, I actually love the colors and packaging too. In fact, it inspired me to create this summer look that you can wear on a nice weekend, whether you’re at the beach or not! Don’t you just love the accent colors of blue, teal, turquoise and mint? The colors are very relaxing and reminds you to hit the beach a.s.a.p.!
The accessories, plus the pants and top I’m wearing are also from Target. I’m not kidding!
You can see the full look in this post, but you can also check them out here:
I think these guys loved my outfit too. What do you think?
I hope you guys loved this beauty tutorial too. Make sure to come back here to STYLEanthropy for more! Xo, C.