Recently, Sundays have become all about food, family and football! The other week, we had some wings and pasta while watching our favorite teams play. So good!!! Even better that both of our teams won! I like to mix it up a bit. So for this week, I decided to spice up the bar cart with some chips, delicious guacamole, queso, sour cream and ground beef flavored with taco seasoning. I’m not really sure if I should call it a nacho bar or mini taco bar. But for today’s post, let’s just call it a nacho bar cart perfect for game night!
Style a Nacho Bar Cart for Game Night
I love the versatility of a bar cart. Obviously, holding drinks is one of its main purposes. But I love that I can display decorative pieces as well. I like to use it as a candy bar too. And of course, I use it to hold appetizers or finger foods when entertaining as well. For Sundays, our bar cart transforms into a game day snack bar slash dinner server. But don’t worry if you don’t have a bar cart. You can use your coffee table to style your nacho bar. So what else do we need?
What You’ll Need
- Tortilla Chips or Mini Taco Cups work too.
- Guacamole – I love GOODFOODS Guacamole! Have you tried them yet? They’re always fresh and made without artificial ingredients. So glad I found these mini cups when I’m just going for a guilt-free snack by myself. My guac fix is fresh every time!
- Sour cream
- Salsa or chopped tomatoes if you prefer fresh!
- Taco meat – below is how I make mine:
- I saute a spoonful of chopped onions with a teaspoon of garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Once they are golden light brown in color, I add the ground beef.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the beef is brown, I add in the taco seasoning.
- Mix and simmer for a few minutes before serving.
- Queso – below is my super easy ingredient:
- In a pot over medium low heat, mix 1 regular can of chili (no beef) and 1 regular size Velveeta cheese.
- Let the cheese melt and mix.
- Once everything is mixed well, you’re ready to serve!
Wasn’t that super easy? All you have to do is line them up in your cart or table. Put them in colorful bowls or clear ones. It’s all up to you to style them the way you want! But if you got messy or lazy eaters (Hello Hubby ;p), then you might want to serve these mini taco cups instead.
Mini Taco Cups
- Grab a tortilla cup or mini taco cup.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon some taco meat inside the cup.
- Layer with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and chopped tomatoes or salsa. Alternate or mix and match depending on what your guests prefer.
- Place them in a platter, put them in your nacho bar cart, and voila… mini taco bites deliciousness! I swear they’ll be gone in seconds so make sure to prepare a lot!
Wanna try GOODFOODS Guacamole? Check here to see the stores carrying these goodies near you. Oh, and they are available at Amazon too, guys! Hope you enjoyed these tips to make your game night more fun and stylish! Xo.