Today at STYLEanthropy, I’m sharing with you this Star Wars makeup look featuring the Chrome Captain from the Star Wars limited edition collection from COVERGIRL. If you’ve been living under a rock, I’m happy to tell you that the latest Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens, is being released this week! But I’m pretty sure you already know that. Who’s watching with me? So anyway, in time for the release, I’m sharing a beauty look inspired by the movie. Below, is my Star Wars Makeup look!
Star Wars Makeup Look: Chrome Captain from the COVERGIRL Collection
So, one of the most influential makeup-artists known all over the world, Pat McGrath, designed 7 looks for the COVERGIRL Star Wars Collection.
4 Looks for the Light Side
- Resistance Pilot
3 Looks for the Dark Side
- Dark Apprentice
- Chrome Captain
One thing to note, there are 10 Star Wars Limited Edition Collectible Mascaras with different quotes from the movie. There are 5 Light Side quotes and 5 Dark Side quotes. You can also get a $2 off from the COVERGIRL Star Wars Tumblr website while it’s still available. You can grab these makeup products at Walmart!
Now for those who ran out of luck, don’t worry. I teamed up with COVERGIRL and we’re giving some Star Wars Collection makeup products to one lucky reader – so you can get this Chrome Captain look yourself! But before we talk about the giveaway, here is a beauty tutorial on how to get the look first.
Chrome Captain Beauty Tutorial
1. Start with a clean and bare face. Apply your usual concealers and foundation. I used the CoverGirl Simply Ageless Foundation with Olay. Make sure to cover all spots because you want a flawless look for the Chrome Captain! While at it, I also brushed my eyebrows with the foundation to make it lose it’s natural color.
2. Now using a highlighter or any white eye shadow or powder, highlight the high points of your face. You want it to really stand out and define your face. See the letter V or inverted triangle I’m showing under my eyes in the photo below? That’s where you’ll want to put the highlighter. Also apply on your forehead, I’m using a “patting” motion on my forehead so it gets really white for a Chrome look. Also apply on the bridge of your nose and chin.
3. I did some contouring for more definition worthy of a Chrome Captain! I exaggerated it a bit to make the white and silver face (coming later) more obvious. Just use a bronzer, an eyeshadow that is about 2-3 shades darker than your skin tone, or any contour kit you have. Swipe on the hollows of your cheeks and blend away.
4. Now, using the COVERGIRL Ink It! Eye Liner, draw thick black lines around your eyes – as if you’re creating a border around them. Extend it a bit on the side to make a long wing.
5. Below, I’m showing you two options for the next step. One, you can completely cover your eyelids with the black eyeliner. Or two, leave the lids clean for the next step. For both steps, come back with the eyeliner and mess up the borders with straight horizontal lines. Then take a brush and smudge the black eye liner to soften the color.
6. Using the COVERGIRL Stunning Smokeys quad palette, use #3 and #4 respectively on the eyelids, creating something like a V shape around the outer corner of the eye.
7. Using any silver, metallic or shimmering eye shadow like COVERGIRL ShineShadow, apply on top of the lid. I didn’t have the ShineShadow. So I used a glittery silver eyeshadow instead. Then, use #1 in the quad palette to highlight the inner corners of your eyes.
8. Using a silver eyeliner or a silver eyeshadow, line the bottom waterline. You’ll see a huge difference. See the photo below for reference. See what I’m talking about? It completes the makeup. Without the eyeliner, it looks as if you missed a step. And this TIP goes for any regular or daily makeup too – don’t forget the bottom waterline, guys! Now take the black eyeliner again and go back to extend the border and wings, and retouch in case the silver eyeliner got to the black. I also extended it towards the nose now that I’ve applied the highlight in the inner corners of the eyes.
9. Now use COVERGIRL Pow-Der Brow to create thin long sinister eyebrows. You can also use the Ink It! eyeliner like what I used below. Just draw a thin and super long line! Then follow up with a white or silver eyeshadow and use it as a setting powder all over the face. It will give you the effect of a chrome/metallic face!
10. Now curl your lashes, guys. Then apply that COVERGIRL Star Wars limited edition mascara.
11. We’re almost done! Apply a nude lipstick. Top off with the COVERGIRL limited edition Star Wars Colorlicious lipstick in Silver #10. You can also use it on it’s own. But having a nude base makes the silver pop more.
12. Now put your hair up in a tight high pony. Brush some silver or metallic eyeshadow to mimic a chrome effect!
And that’s it! This is my version of the COVERGIRL Star Wars Chrome Captain look designed by Pat McGrath. If you want to see the actual looks she designed, check here. Of course, you can interpret it however you want, but this is how I did mine.
I completed the look with a chrome-looking choker made of foil – haha! Since I didn’t have any silver or similar metallic top, I wore a black hoodie inspired by the Dark Side!
Let’s not forget the light saber!
Star Wars Look Giveaway
Now, are you ready to win some limited edition COVERGIRL Star Wars Collection makeup products? I’ll be giving away the 4 beauty products for the Chrome Captain look seen in the second/third photos at the top of this post. Just enter in the widget below and I’ll be picking a winner by Friday, December 18 at 9 pm EST. So you’ll find out if you’ve won by the following Monday (or earlier).
STYLEanthropists, tell me, did you like this Star Wars inspired beauty look? Hope you try it out and may the force be with you while you recreate this Star Wars makeup look! See you in theaters.
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by CoverGirl and SheSpeaks, but all opinions are my own.