The Denim Overalls Trend is back again. While not as major or as popular as off-the-shoulder tops, blush, florals, stripes, and seersuckers (to name a few), it’s still one we’re seeing around the fashion scene lately. It’s one of those trends that pop up every now and then, but are only rocked by the brave! Are you one of them? Or are you hesitant, thinking you’re no longer a kid? But there are ways you can make the overalls look more age-appropriate and fit your style. Here’s how to rock the denim overalls trend.
How to Rock the Denim Overalls Trend
- DON’T wear a loose baggy t-shirt with it. Instead, DO wear a fit tee or a sexy tank.
- If your style is BOHO, wear a flowy blouse. A bell-sleeved top will also look great with it.
- If your style is SEXY, you can wear a lace-up body suit underneath. Although I can just imagine how hard it would be to use the bathroom. LOL!
- For a FEMININE touch, wear an off-shoulder top or a floral blouse like what I’m wearing here.
- If your style is EDGY, wear a band tee with it and top with a moto jacket.
- For a PREPPY style, go with a striped 3/4 sleeved tee and add in a blazer or a varsity jacket.
- Try wearing it with one of the straps undone, as shown here, for a more relaxed take.
- Wear it with heels, for a more dressed up look. Try wedges, a simple strap sandal, or heeled ankle booties.
- For a casual cool vibe, go with sleek white sneakers.
- If wearing a sweater, try a cropped number.
- Opt for sleeker/tighter overalls than what I’m wearing. Mine is loose because I sized up a little too much. But no worries. If you like it loose then balance it with a sleeker or feminine top.
- Dress it up with a really nice bag that you have. I love the Pochette Metis from Louis Vuitton, but there are many other nice bags that don’t cost a fortune.
- Finally, just have fun and wear what you’re comfortable in. These tips are just meant as a guide. Remember, you do you!
Wearing: Overalls c/o Articles of Society | Floral Top under $15 from Ross | Quay sunglasses (sold out but this one is pretty close from the same brand) | Tory Burch leather wrap bracelet | Hermes Clic Clac Bangle | Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis (Mono is sold out but you can rent one here or buy a preowned one here) | Steve Madden Espadrille Wedges
Here’s another similar way I wore my denim overalls for an “I just woke up, I need coffee” look. Haha. It’s true though. We were out of town and needed coffee in the morning. So I threw on an easy lace-up top (I got at Ross for under $15 too), this denim overalls, and my faux fur slippers. I love this pair of slides. The faux fur dresses up the slides nicely AND they are only $15! They come in sky blue and a peachy pink too.
As always, to save these tips, don’t forget to pin the image below. Xo, Cris.