This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carando®. All opinions are entirely my own.
With a busy work schedule, I’m always looking for quick weeknight meals. Sometimes, all I need is a recipe that I can prepare in 20 minutes or less, but still result in a delicious meal. Because after a long day of work, all I want to do is enjoy dinner with loved ones, kick up my feet, and relax. Right? So today, I teamed up with Carando Meatballs to show you how you can use their meatballs in a number of different ways.
Stocking Up on Carando Meatballs
These Carando Meatballs can be served or prepared a number of ways. So I like to keep a pack or two (or more) in the fridge, for different recipes throughout the week. It just makes life easier. Let me list some ideas to help you with your meal prep.
- You can fry them and mix with omelette in the morning.
- You can also bake or roast with your favorite veggies for some kebobs.
- Oh, and how about baking them in the oven and pouring gravy on top before serving? Yum!
- For lunch, they also make for a great sandwich. Think melted cheese, marinara, and your favorite bread!
- Let’s not forget the classic Spaghetti and Meatballs!
- And later on, I’ll show you how I make a Sweet & Sour dish out of them.
Carando Meatballs come in two varieties– the Abruzzese which has blended cheese and herbs; and the Sicilian which has a bold and spicy red pepper flavor. The good thing about Carando Meatballs is that they are gluten-free, have no MSG or fillers, and are made from premium pork. So definitely stock up!
You can pick up Carando Meatballs at your local Giant Eagle in the fresh meat deli section. And before you go, make sure to grab this $1 off coupon on Carando Meatball products here. Now, let’s get to the recipe. Who loves a sweet & sour dish? If you wanna try this out, just follow my recipe below. And as always, I make these recipes to be easily customizable. So you can adjust it to your liking.
Sweet & Sour Carando Meatballs
- 1 pack of Carando Meatballs (12 total)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1-2 cups broccoli (optional, you can also use green beans or green bell peppers)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup juice of pineapple chunks
- 3 tsps brown sugar
- 3 tsps cornstarch mixed with 3 tsps water
- 3 tbsps vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1-2 tbsps cooking oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by heating the oil in a wok or large pan.
- Add in the meatballs and fry until brown. Rotate every few minutes to cook evenly.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, set them aside on a plate.
- Using the same pan with leftover oil, pour the broccoli, carrots, and bell pepper. Stir and then cover for about 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients: pineapple chunks, juice of pineapple, brown sugar, cornstarch mix, vinegar, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the meatballs back into the pan and stir to coat the meatballs in the sweet and sour sauce.
- Serve with a bowl of hot rice and you're ready to dig in!
That’s it! How easy was that? You’ll be done in 20 minutes or less, ready to enjoy it with family and friends. If you try them out, let me know what you think. And if you want to save this recipe for later, make sure to pin! Until the next post. Xo.