Today at STYLEanthropy we are talking Pantone Colors and we’re also back to Winter… I mean we’re enjoying Spring early… wait, what month is it again? Oh, it’s March! I totally got confused because the other day I was wearing a mini skirt and now, I’m wearing 4 layers. Like what Leonardo DiCaprio said in his Oscars speech, Global Warming is real, people. Based on previous years, it should still feel like winter here in Pittsburgh. But for some reason, we are having bursts of spring temps here and there… which leads me to this outfit. If the weather gets tricky, this look is a perfect winter to spring transition. Take a look.
Pantone Colors + Winter to Spring Transition
I wore this out the other week on a pretty warm, Spring-like weather. But I always check the weather app (or morning weather news) every single day to make sure I don’t get any surprises. Since I had a lot of appointments that day, I knew I’d be out for hours… up until when the temperature drops down. I made sure to take this sweater coat from SheIn with me, so I can easily go from Spring-like to Winter-ready.
TIP: Always be prepared and always check the weather app on your phone or smart watch to make sure your outfit is appropriate for the weather. You don’t wanna be freezing or sweating after a few hours just because you didn’t consult with Mr. Al Roker.
The Pantone Colors of the Year, rose quartz and serenity blue, are perfect spring colors. Imagine my surprise when I dug through my stack of pants to find my old fave Zamrie wide leg pants with the two colors together. I just had to match it with this rose-colored Old Navy pullover (it has since sold out but the silver/gray is still available) to bring out more of the rose quartz in this look, since the pants featured more of the blue. Together, the two colors were in perfect harmony. It looked so dainty, pretty and looked like cotton candy… so much so I wanted to eat it. Hah!
Accessorizing a Pastel Outfit
So when you get two pastel colors together, such as these two Pantone Colors, and you want to keep the light and bright flowing in an outfit, I suggest avoiding dark or black colors for your accessories.
- Instead, you can go with the same shade as your outfit, like how I used a rose-colored purse.
- But if that’s not possible, you can also go with a nude, tan, shades of cream or white, or a light gray accessory. In this case, I went with light gray/taupe boots and topped off the look with a gray and white sweater coat.
And yeah, my nails match my pants and I’m totally okay with it!
WEARING: SheIn sweater coat c/o; Old Navy pullover c/o; Zamrie Style spring pants c/o; Vionic Shoes Upton ankle booties c/o; Quay sunglasses c/o People Stylewatch Magazine; Gorjana necklaces c/o Rocksbox; Ring and Love bracelet c/o The Peach Box; Gorjana arrow and zigzag cuffs; minimalist gold cuff c/o Barse Jewelry; Apple watch in gold; Gucci Disco Soho bag in rose; Michael Kors pompom faux fur charm.
Now, if only we can have Spring weather from here on out! I put together some of my favorite Spring pieces from SheIn (where my soft fleece coat is from) for my Spring 2016 Wishlist. Check it out.
Spring 2016 Wishlist from SheIn
- Lace like button down shirt? Yes!!!
- Crochet Trim Dress with a denim jacket screams Spring and Summer ready!
- That scoop neck maxi dress is perfect with my new Adidas Stan Smith double sole that I can’t wait to share with you! It’s the new version that came out in January.
- This dress and the next are keeping on trend with the voluminous bell sleeves and ruffles seen on the runways!
- And this rose dress is also a perfect swimsuit cover-up. You should see the back! Vacation here I come!
- Finally, with all the lace-up tops trending, this is a cool take… not to mention not as plunging as the black lace up tops we’ve seen!
STYLEanthropists, hope you like today’s Pantone Colors induced-outfit. Tell me which one is your favorite piece or is there a Spring trend you’re looking forward to the most? Do share. Xo.