This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #ColorMeHydrated #CollectiveBias
Today at STYLEanthropy, we’re talking all about hydration. How do you stay feeling and looking hydrated during a busy day? How do you stay hydrated after working out? I’m sharing a simple beauty tutorial for a hydrated look, along with a DIY Rose Facial Spray to use in the middle of the day!
Easy Beauty Look to Keep Face Hydrated
1. With a clean face, start with a Vitamin C serum. I like to add Vitamin C to my face because it keeps skin bright and nourished. It also helps defend your skin against sun damage in case you’re always on the go and exposed to the sun a lot. I’m talking about the one I’m currently using in this post.
Everyday, Louis and I take 30 minutes to an hour long walk outside. So sun spots are inevitable. It has become an important step in my skin care routine to use Vitamin C serum to help repair sun damage. Of course, it’s also important to use sunscreen, which leads me to the next step.
2. After applying the serum, apply a moisturizer next. Opt for one that has a sunscreen. I featured the one I use in this post.
3. Once you are done with the basic skin care, it’s time to do the makeup. For a flawless base, go for a CC cream or a water blend foundation. This will keep your face hydrated, looking dewy and nourished. If you have dry skin, don’t use powder. A liquid base is your best friend!
4. Now for the daily grind, I skip makeup for the eyes and cheeks. But, I never skip on my brows! The eyebrows frame the face. And personally, when you do your brows, it instantly makes you look all set without much effort! I use an eyebrow pencil like this and simply fill in any gaps or sparse sections of the brows.
5. After the brows, I finish off with the lips. But for a day to day lip, I simply go with a vitality lip flush. This milky white-colored lip balm is amazing because it gives your lips a rosy flush stain. It’s also anti-aging. It hydrates and conditions your lips, making it look well-hydrated and healthy!
Now, my daily makeup is done! Time to take that selfie and caption, “I’m ready for a busy day! Let’s hustle!”
Hydration with vitaminwater zero
Of course, another great way to help hydrate your skin is with vitaminwater zero! Zero calories, but with great taste? I’m in! There are a lot of flavors to choose from, so you can pick one that’s perfect for you! Some of my favorite flavors are the XXX Acai Blueberry Pomegranate, Rise Orange, and Squeezed Lemonade!
Whether I’m coming from the gym or doing yoga at home, biking with the Hubby or walking Louis out, or even stuck to my office chair working on deadlines after deadlines, vitaminwater zero helps me stay hydrated through the day. Plus, I get to take load my body with vitamins and electrolytes for the daily grind!
DIY Facial Rose Spray
Another thing that helps hydrate my face mid-day? A facial rose spray! Rose facial products are on the rise. But there’s an easy and affordable way to enjoy your own bottle of rose spray – with a DIY of course!
1. Pick a handful of rose petals.
2. Wash the rose petals to get rid of dirt or any fertilizer, etc.
3. Place in a spray bottle, fill with water, and let it sit overnight.
4. After that, you’re ready to use your spray! You can remove the petals after 24 hours and keep the spray bottle in the fridge. So when you workout or go under the heat of the sun, the spray is cool and refreshing!
I hope you try and make it at home. So the next time you’re tackling a busy day, you can use it to hydrate! And of course, don’t forget to take your vitaminwater with you.
With so many flavors, you can pick one that’s perfect for your needs. No more excuses about not being able to hydrate. Of course, you can also match your outfit to the color of your vitaminwater drink! Hah! Makes it even more fun, right?
You can find vitaminwater products at your favorite Target store! Plus, Target has a promo right now. You can save 5% on vitaminwater here.
I stocked up and filled our bar cart at home. Plus, with all the lovely colors, don’t they look nice in a serving cart too? It’s also a great reminder to hydrate!
What are other ways you do to keep your skin hydrated? Do share! And if you are like most people I know (ahem) who doesn’t get enough liquid in their bodies just because they long for certain flavors they like, then try out the vitaminwater zero and their other drinks too. Again, don’t forget to save 5% with this offer. Until the next post! Xo.