Today at STYLEanthropy, I’m sharing with you my Irresistible Me Hair Extensions review. I was sent extensions a few weeks ago. Having cut my really long hair late last year, I kinda miss it. While it’s growing faster than I think, it’s not that long enough to play with – think long beachy waves, curls, braids, fuller buns, the works! So ever the adventurous me, I accepted the challenge of trying out hair extensions – for the first time… on my own… without any professional help! Oh dear… can I do this? Well, here’s my Irresistible Me Hair Extensions review.
Irresistible Me Hair Extensions Review
My Irresistible Me hair extensions came in a small thin black box, sort of like a notebook size which surprised me. I was expecting a bigger box because I had requested the longer extensions. I got the Silky Touch in Medium Brown, 20 inches with a 200g weight. Since it was my first time to try hair extensions, I had no idea that that amount of hair can fit in a thin zip-lock type plastic in a thin box. But everything was well-packaged and the hair was secured pretty well. No tangles whatsoever when I opened the sealed packet.
The Hair Extensions
After taking out and separating the hair extensions, I had this amount of hair. Whoa, right? Who knew they all fit in that tiny box? But anyway, they arrived straight, flat and smooth. The photo below was taken after I wore them, curled them and took them out (unbrushed too). The hair is of high quality.
Irresistible Me Hair extensions are made up of 100% human remy hair. What does that mean? Human remy hair is the highest grade of real, human hair that is a preferred choice for hair extensions as well as wigs. It gives out the most natural look and are of salon quality too. Since they are 100% human remy hair, they can be washed, heat-styled and colored too.
Types of Irresistible Me Hair Extensions
- Silky Touch – is 100% natural Remy hair. These hair extensions are of amazing quality and can be very easily styled, cut, colored and curled to blend in perfectly. Only the finest Remy hair are used by Irresistible Me hair extensions while also keeping the price point as low as possible. The Silky Touch clip in hair extensions are perfect for anybody who loves adding a bit of volume and/or length to their hair a few days a week or for special events. This is what I have (shown above and below).
- Royal Remy Hair – is the top of the line and comes from just one donor with virgin unprocessed hair. Then it’s colored to one of the 14 colors available at Irresistible Me. Additionally, a special treatment unique to Irresistible Me is added for extra silkiness and durability. Ultimately, the Royal Remy hair will last longer and is the closest match you can find to completely unprocessed hair. The Royal Remy hair extensions are perfect for daily use and when properly taken cared of, will look beautiful for a long time.
Clip in extensions are very simple and easy to wear. You can put it on or take it off yourself without costly salon appointments. Also, unlike other extensions, they do not damage the hair a single bit. Below you’ll see the clips opened and closed, for reference. It’s easy to open and close the clips. You just snap it in the center!
How to Use Irrisistible Me Hair Extensions
- Prepare the hair extensions by brushing them and opening the clips. First thing you’ll be using is the 4-clip (or 3-clip if you are using less hair or have thinner hair) for the inner bottom of the hair.
- Now make a half pony and clip or tie it up.
- Position the widest hair extension at the center, lining it as close to the scalp.
- Clip in the hair extensions by snapping the clips close.
- Do the same with the next widest hair extension, this time a little higher than the first one. Section the top half into another half and position the hair extension in the middle.
- Next do the sides.
- Finish off with the front-side hair extensions on either side of your face.
You may also want to watch this video to see how it’s done step by step.
So How Did it Go?
This is the before…
After 5 minutes or less of clipping in the extensions without any styling…
Of course, I had to add some light curls and waves to it, which took about 20 minutes or less…
And here’s the after…
Overall Thoughts on Irresistible Me Hair Extensions
I am in love with the Irresistible Me hair extensions! I love the silky feel. I love how easy it was to apply. I love that it was super easy to style too. It stayed on pretty well because I tried wearing it while running errands, walking the King Dog, and more importantly, dancing like crazy to the tune of “All I do is Win” at the comforts of my living room! Shhh!!!
I tried wearing it the whole day and was so impressed that not one slipped. Will I use it again? Heck yeah! And that’s why I highly recommend it to you too! If you’re like me who misses playing with really long hair or simply want to look fancy on the weekends or want gorgeous long locks for a special occasion, clip-in hair extensions are so much fun! Plus, I can now go shorter if I want to because I know I can always rock long hair with these hair extensions! And that’s not all, these are also perfect if you have thinning hair.
Discount on Irresistible Me Hair Extensions
Now guess what? Irresistible Me is offering my readers a unique and permanent discount of 10% off! That’s right, just by being a loyal reader, you get a discount when you enter this promo code: IrresistibleCris at checkout! What are you waiting for? Start picking out your hair extensions at www.irresistibleme.com.
Need to Know About Hair Extensions
- Weight. Does it feel heavy? Not really, but when I lay sideways, I can feel the weight (that’s also because I chose longer and heavier ones).
- Storage. Brush before storing and then tie them in a pony tail to avoid tangles. Put back in the box for safe-keeping.
- Washing. Wash after 10 to 20 uses or as soon as there’s too much product build-up from styling. Use moisturizing shampoo and balsam (moisturizing plant-based) conditioners.
- Styling. Treat it like natural hair. Too much styling can dry it out so you can also use heat-protecting products.
- Hair Color. It can be dyed but use semi-permanent colors.
- Daily Use. I don’t recommend it for daily use if you are a woman who’s busy and always on the go. While it’s easy to apply, it can add time to your daily routine. I recommend using it a couple of days a week like on the weekends or on special occasions.
- Caution. If you have short hair and you’re going super long, just be cautious when wearing hair extensions. You might forget you have long hair for the day which means it can get dipped in the food or drink on your table, you might sit on it unknowingly, you might pull on it while dressing up or putting on/removing jewelry, etc. Haha. Laugh all you want but it’s possible. I may have encountered one or two while wearing my long hair.
STYLEanthropists, if you need more info or if you need help on choosing types, colors and weight, you can check out Irresistible Me’s FAQ here. And again, don’t forget to use my promo code: IrresistibleCris to get 10% off on your order! Enjoy!