This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Got2bYou #CollectiveBias
It’s that time of the year again. Halloween is around the corner and holiday parties are lining up. If you’re looking for a hairstyle to rock this season, I’m sharing a Holiday Updo Hairstyle tutorial below! I’m using my trusty curling iron, a hair bun accessory, some pins and hair ties, and this Got2b® Glued Styling Spiking Hair Glue.
Got2b® Glued Styling Spiking Hair Glue
This hair glue is probably one of the products that I didn’t know I needed until I’ve tried it. I have super stubborn hair that is hard to style. Hair ties slide down and curls flatten so quickly. While hair spray can help after I style my hair, I struggle with the actual process – more specifically – putting my hair up into a bun. This hair glue will make sure your hair isn’t going anywhere. It just puts it in place. So if you’re thinking of spiky hair styles, even for Halloween, then you’re gonna want to get this. Just check out Got2b®’s Instagram feed to get an idea!
By the way, you can get them at Walmart and take advantage of the Ibotta offer: Earn $1 with Ibotta on all your favorite Got2b® items! Now, let’s get to this tutorial! This one is perfect for the Holiday parties you’ll be attending this season. But you know what? You can rock this hairstyle for any princess or queen costumes too!
Holiday Updo Hairstyle Tutorial
1) Begin by parting your hair like you would. You can part in the middle or part on the side. Then, t’s time to section your hair. I use the end of a fine tooth comb, but any tip of a makeup brush or even a closed eye liner can do the trick. Grab about 1 to 2 inches in the front and separate it from the rest of your hair. These will be the curly wispies and braids for this hairstyle. Do this for both sides of your head.
2) Once you got the front part separated, tie the rest of your hair up into a high ponytail and secure with a hair tie.
3) Now starting with one side, take the front section of hair and divide into two. Set aside the front part for curling later on. Grab the back part because that’s the section that we will braid. Get the Got2b® Glued Styling Spiking Hair Glue and use about a pea sized amount to spread to that section of hair. This will make braiding super easy! No more braids falling, I promise. Do a regular braid and secure with a hair tie. Do the same on the other side of your head.
4) Now secure the end of the braid to your pony with a hair pin as seen below. I placed the end of my braid just under the pony tail. Do the same with the other side.
5) Now take your pony and apply more styling glue. I do this extra step because I still have a bit of layered hair. So when putting my hair up into a bun, a lot of the shorter ones fall down making it impossible to get a nice bun. Basically, the glue will just hold your hair together while you put it up in a bun. It makes it so much easier. Just spread the glue throughout the strands.
6) Now take whatever bun accessory you have and create your bun like you would. You can use this bun wrap up tool or a donut style one. Or if you can create a bun without help from similar accessories, then do it! For this bun wrap accessory, simply insert your hair into the middle hole, slide it to the end of your hair and begin rolling the tool until you reach the top of your head, as seen in the photos below. Then bend the ends of the bun tool downwards until they meet, forming a circle. Spread your hair throughout the tool to cover it completely.
7) Now finally, what to do with the remaining section of hair hanging in the front? We curl it! Curl with your favorite curling iron or wand, and then spray your hair all over with a hairspray.
Now get fancy and wear your Holiday party dress and don’t forget to accessorize! Hope you enjoyed this hair tutorial as much as I enjoyed making it for you. Let me know if you try it out or do share what hairstyle you’re doing for Halloween!