Before my love of fashion, there was my love for tech. Hmm… maybe they came together. I’m not really sure. I just know that even as a kid, I was already fond of tinkering with electronics and tech gadgets. True story, I secretly routed a phone cable to my room just to have my own phone/landline when I was in middle school. And as soon as I was allowed to have a cellphone… okay a beeper was the first one (am I giving away my age too much? haha), I always went for the latest devices. I just had to have them and try out what’s the latest innovation or feature. So it’s only fitting that I include a holiday gift guide for my fellow tech enthusiasts! Let’s geek out.
Holiday Gift Guide: Tech
Moto Z Droid
Moto Z Droid Smartphone ($624 or $26/mo) is one of the first phones to run on Android 7.0 Nougat. It’s Google’s big refresh of its phone and tablet operating system. So this Droid Z has multi-window view with a quick switch between apps – like an ALT-TAB on a computer. This has sharper graphics and this is compatible with the Google Daydream headset to enjoy high quality virtual reality! I wish I had the Google Daydream to test it out.
But aside from that, what I love about this phone is that you can snap on interchangeable Moto Mods™ to transform it into a movie projector, boombox, or battery powerhouse. It also has faster data transfer speeds with the latest USB-C connectivity. The Moto Z Droid is currently the world’s thinnest premium smartphone, exclusively on Verizon. I’ll have a more in-depth review of the phone in a few weeks time. I’m still trying and testing it out. But right now, all I can say is I’m pretty happy with this phone.
Stylish Phone Cases: Kate Spade
While you’re at it, he/she will need a phone case for that too. For the girly girl, grab a Kate Spade case like this. I love this flexible hardshell case from Kate Spade ($49.99). It’s clear so you can still see that gorgeous Moto Z Droid gold back. But it’s decorated with gold foil confetti dots for a splash of glam. Just think fashion meets tech!
Fitbit Charge 2 with Heart Rate Monitor
I’m new to the Fitbit world. You know I’ve been using my Apple watch for quite some time now. So imagine my surprise when I started wearing this Fitbit Charge 2 and found out the battery lasts for days. I always charge my Apple watch once a day or at the very least, after 1 1/2 days when battery is already running out. The Fitbit fitness trackers last days before it needs to charge. It also emails me when the battery is running low and needs a recharge. Ever since receiving this in the mail almost 2 weeks ago, I’ve only had to charge it twice – the first time setting it up and when it notified me the battery was running low.
This is a perfect gift not just for the techie on your list, but also for those who love to workout. It’s also great for parents and grandparents to help them keep track their health – their heart rate, daily steps, exercise, water intake (app), etc. For $149.99, the Fitbit Charge 2 a great gift to give to your Mom and Dad. The strap also comes in different colors.
Aside from these tech gadgets that I’m currently testing out, I have listed more goodies that would surely make a gadget geek happy! I’m sure the techie on your list will be forever grateful – granted they don’t have these yet. You’ll have to check!
- Google Daydream View, $79.99 – virtual reality at your finger tips. Compatible with the Moto Z Droid, Google Pixel phones and other Daydream-ready phones.
- Samsung Gear 360, $349.99 (currently on sale for $299.99) – to capture 360° videos and stills.
- Google Home, $129.99 – your virtual assistant that will play music for you, answer your questions, adjust your Nest thermostat and other compatible products.
- HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer, $129.99 – I want this! It’s a photo printer about the size of your smartphone. Bring it everywhere and print pictures taken from your smartphone to give to your family or friends. Santa, I’ve been good. Can you please give me one? 🙂
- AR. Drone 2.0 Elite Edition, $249.99 (currently on sale for $169.99) – capture HD video and photos as you fly, and stream them to your mobile device! If you’ve always wanted to capture landscape photos from above, this is the perfect toy.
Disclosure: Gadgets featured above were provided by Verizon Wireless for review. However all opinions are my own.