Today at STYLEanthropy, I wanna share with you one of my favorite hairstyles to wear come Spring – the messy side twist braid. With the weather finally warming up, but still breezy enough to wear your hair down, I find that this messy side twist braid is the perfect hairstyle to rock. While you can wear this look year round or every Spring and Summer seasons, I find that it’s especially perfect this Spring 2016 with the 70’s and Boho trends.
Hairstyle Tutorial: Messy Side Twist Braid
I actually created a pretty long video with voice. However, I wanted to keep it short for you since it’s a pretty easy hair tutorial anyway. But if you think that you want to hear everything and need a longer video with all of my explanations, let me know and I’ll update this post with the original, un-cut version. So below, watch my tutorial video to learn how to do this side twist braid.
Messy Side Twist Braid Steps
- Create a side part.
- Pick up a section of hair on the top front part.
- Divide that section into two – front and back.
- Twist the two sections by putting the front part over the back part. So, front over and back under.
- Now pick up a small section of hair, about an inch section below the section of hair you’re holding. Add that to the now bottom section.
- Now twist the two sections again – front goes over and back goes under.
- Repeat the previous two steps by adding about an inch section of hair below the current section you’re holding to the bottom section of hair. Then twist. Repeat the steps ’til you reach about ear level.
- Once you’re around the ear level, just twist the two sections of hair you’re holding all the way to the end of hair.
- Secure with a hair tie and spray with a hair spray to keep everything in place.
Wasn’t that hairstyle so easy to make? You don’t even need a comb or brush because it’s meant to be a little messy, with all the loose hair in the front. Giving it a messy look makes it more romantic and Bohemian, in my opinion. But it doesn’t hurt to keep it clean and tighten the braid if you wish!
If you like this hairstyle tutorial, make sure to pin the photo below for reference. That way, you won’t forget to try this out the next time you’re looking for a new hairstyle for the weekend, your next vacation, or for the mothers out there, for your little ones.
STYLEanthropists, I hope you enjoyed this Messy Side Twist Braid hair tutorial. If you love these types of beauty videos, make sure to let me know in the comments below. I’d like to know what you want so I can come up with content that you love! Xo.