I’ve been meaning to share a new Gucci reveal here on the blog. I used to do a lot of unboxing and reveals. So this one is over due. If you follow me on Instagram, then you saw me share this photo on Insta-stories. Also, I gave a sneak peek on my latest Gucci Sale Update post here. So, are you ready to see what’s inside?
A few weeks ago, my husband and I celebrated our anniversary. He did pretty good this time. He got me flowers which is another funny story. My hubby knows I LOVE PEONIES! I always tell him that. And sometimes, when the topic comes up, I may have said a snarky (my bad) comment like “when will I ever get peonies for a special occasion?” – to the point where he got a little pissed and said I ruined his surprise. Haha. Sorry hunny. It was meant to be a joke. Okay, half meant. LOL. But really, it wasn’t to piss him off but just to make him remember. He’s very forgetful ya know.
But I was pleasantly surprised that he actually remembered. He ordered peonies and got it delivered on the exact date of our anniversary. The thing is, the flower shop delivered these instead. He was mad. I wasn’t, because it was the thought that counts. But good thing the flower shop reimbursed him half the price. Because clearly, these are not the “premium peonies” listed in their website!
Along with the flowers came this Gucci! I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO GET THIS FOR MONTHS!!! I wanted to get this for my birthday last Christmas. In fact, I tried a different version of it at the store in King of Prussia mall in Philly. They didn’t have my size at the time. And online, my size was always backordered – with like a 3-month wait! I just couldn’t wait that long. So instead, I went with this bag. Still, I couldn’t get my mind off of these Gucci shoes. Finally, when I checked last month, they had my size in stock. So, without further ado, my new Gucci…
I am in love!!! Now, if you are in the same boat and contemplating on getting it, here are some things you need to know about them before you order.
- How’s the sizing? The Gucci Princetown Leather Slippers run small. Order half a size. I’m usually 7 or 7.5 for closed shoes. So I got the size 38 (8). I may have fit the 37.5 but it would be a little tight.
- Are they high maintenance? Heck YES! If you drag your feet when walking, chances are scuffing will show up in just one to two uses. Do I mind? Heck NO. It’s normal wear and tear. And personally, I think the more it gets beaten up, the cooler it gets.
- Does it crease easily? A little bit. Over time, it will show the creasing where your foot bends when walking. Again, normal wear and tear.
- Are they comfortable? Yes, they are! Of course, don’t wear it to hike or tours. But for normal work days at the office or weekends brunching or malling, this is perfect. It’s actually a great pair to wear when shoe-shopping because you can easily slide in and out of it.
- Why did you go with the plain black? Here’s the thing, I love almost every print and style this Princetown Slippers come in. I love the furry ones too. But since they are pretty expensive for a pair of shoes, I opted for a classic black that’s timeless. The original horsebit has been around for decades. I’m sure I can still wear these for decades to come.
- How do you store them? They came in a Gucci box and two dust bags inside. For now, I’m keeping them in their dust bags in my shoe closet because I haven’t worn them as much as I want to. Why? It’s been raining on and off here in Pittsburgh. But as soon as we get back that sunshine, this bad boy will be worn day in and day out.
- Do they slide off while walking? I watched a couple of reviews on this Gucci Princetown, and all of them said these slippers don’t slide off compared to other slides. Since this has a longer top part compared to other slides, it provides more grip. As for me, while they don’t slide off, I’m still conscious about it and try to get a grip while walking in them. Maybe I’m just afraid they will slide off. But we’ll see. I’ll have to wear it more to see if I ever experience any sliding off incidents. Hehe. If I don’t update this, then that means it’s all good!
- What’s the price? Was there an increase? YES, Gucci increased the price on this recently. It used to be $595. But last April, they increased the price to $650. I don’t want to get mad… but the husband, ordered this the day after the increase… because he forgot to order it earlier. I’m not mad. Not mad. Mad. Just kidding… okay, a little frustrated. But it is what it is.
That’s it. If you have any questions about the Gucci Princetown slippers, let me know and I’ll be happy to answer them. For now, here’s how I wore it at our recent trip to Lake Erie, where we celebrated our anniversary.
WEARING: Quay Indio Sunglasses (current favorite under $100) | Piñata Tassel Earrings | Tassel Necklace c/o Claudia G | Blush Ruffle Top (comes in different colors, black shown here) | Apple watch gold strap | Check Print Pants (currently on sale and fits amazing) c/o Slimsation | Gucci Princetown slippers
Hope you enjoyed this mini Gucci Reveal! Until next time. Xo.