This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #FashionColorExpert #sponsored
Today at STYLEanthropy, I’m sharing my latest hair color at home using Schwarzkopf Color Ultime. I tried the 5.29 Vintage red this time, perfect for a look that Rihanna once donned when she was a red head. If you’re looking for new hairstyle ideas – for a bad hair day or for a celebrity look this Halloween – then check out this tutorial!
Prior to getting my hair color done, this was how my hair looked like. I also did a red the last time. But my roots has started to grow and color was starting to fade. I needed to freshen up the color and try a different red this time.
I headed to Walmart to pick up a vintage red from the Schwarzkopf Color Ultime line. By the way, if you haven’t tried this product before, you can get a try me free rebate here. I did my rebate too when I first tried their brand. And now I’m hooked. I love how my hair feels after using this hair color. It actually feels so soft to the touch and looks pretty healthy and shiny too! Plus, the color is vibrant and fresh. Want to try it out as well? I’m sharing how I do my at-home hair color below.
How To: Color Your Hair at Home with Schwarzkopf Color Ultime
The Schwarzkopf Color Ultime comes complete with all the instructions. So you can do this easy peasy on your own. This is what comes inside the box. Can I just make a special mention to that Conditioning Treatment with Diamond Brilliance Serum? I just love it. Makes my hair so soft and shiny!
1. Begin by wearing the gloves included and then mix the color cream into the applicator bottle. Note, all important details are included in the instructions.
2. Replace the cap and shake the applicator bottle to mix the products well.
3. It should look like this after mixing. Now, you’re ready to apply all over your hair. Follow instructions on the notes for if you have roots showing or not. Let it sit for the time given in the instructions. When done, rinse hair until water runs clear. Shampoo your hair and then use the conditioning treatment.
After washing my hair, I blow-dried it and curled. This is the result! I knew it wouldn’t be too bright a red like Rihanna’s because I have naturally dark black hair. It would take some lightening first, if I really want to get that super bright red color. But right now, this is perfectly fine for me. It’s actually more intense under natural lighting and you’ll see it more in it’s true color in succeeding outfit posts soon.
For more color ideas and to join the #FashionColorExpert conversation, make sure to check out here.
How To: Rihanna’s Red Hair Updo
Now the fun part! Let’s try to recreate Rihann’s Red Hair updo hairstyle. As you can see, I already curled my hair.
1. So step 1, part your hair on one side and curl your hair. I use a 1.5-inch barrel curling iron. Just curl as you normally would. No need to make it super tight because we will be tying it into a bun anyway. We’ll just go back later to tightly curl the hanging sections in the front and side.
2. Once your hair has been curled, put it up in a high, loose bun. Leaving about an inch section on one side, and then 2-3 inches on the other as seen above. If you have bangs, like she did, then even better! I don’t have bangs right now, so I’m faking it with the 2-3 inches of hair on one side, doing a side-swept bangs effect.
3. Now tie a scarf around your head like a headband and create a bow. I tucked in the ends of the ribbon for that bow look.
4. Now loosen up the bun and take out the ends and spread throughout your hair just like how Rihanna’s is peeking out of her scarf headband! She had longer hair back then so you can totally see the curls coming out. Since I have shorter hair, I only have a few inches peeking.
And it’s done!
If you love this look or want to try it out for Halloween, make sure to pin the image below, so you can save it for later.
Until the next beauty post, my friends. By the way, what are you all gonna be for Halloween? Do share! I love seeing everyone’s costumes! Xo.