Recently, I collaborated with West Elm to feature one of the coolest spots in Pittsburgh. And if you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen that on my Instagram post here. I love taking guests over to this place because it gives you a magnificent view of the Steel City. Read more about my travel guide to Mount Washington here. Now on to important things, I started a new series called Blogging Tips and I’ll tell you more about it and this floral maxi dress below.
Floral Maxi Dress
Before I tell you more about my blogging tips series, let me share with you this beautiful floral maxi dress. I know not all who read and follow are bloggers. So I have something for both. If you’re here for the fashion, then go through the style photos and advice. If you want to go ahead and read about my blogging tips, just scroll down to the bottom section of this post.
There are a lot of things I love about maxi dresses. I used to have so many! But you know I try to keep my closet to a minimum. So every now and then, I go through my closet and toss out clothes I haven’t worn in months or even years. I either sell them on Poshmark or donate to Goodwill. But anyway, I still have a good amount of maxis and I listed my reasons why you should have a maxi dress in your closet too.
Why I love Maxi Dresses and Why You Need One in Your Closet
- No matter how comfy, soft, or casual it feels, there’s something about a maxi dress that makes it look dressed up. Even if it was a jersey or knit-type fabric, it still looks so put together. There’s something about that long dress that makes it feel more special, right?
- Another reason I love maxi dresses is that they are so flexible. It’s amazing how you can wear this dress to a summer wedding. But with thongs or flip flops, a straw hat, and a canvas or wicker basket bag, it instantly becomes a summer outfit for the farmer’s market, weekend escapade, or a pool-side look.
- I also love how maxi dresses can make you look taller and also slimmer, especially when you have some heels hiding in there. Don’t get me wrong though. You are perfectly fine as you are. Love yourself for your own qualities. All I’m saying is that some clothes can be more flattering than others. Also, I know that sometimes, petite people think they can’t wear a maxi dress because they think they’ll look even shorter and look like they’re drowning in them. Find a maxi dress in the juniors department OR take the time to get it trimmed or hemmed to your height. Allot some excess for wearing some heels. Try it and you’ll see that it will actually make you look taller, helping you get over that issue. I promise.
- A maxi dress is an easy go-to. Unlike separates, it’s just a one piece type of clothing. Meaning, you won’t have to worry about what to pair it with. It’s an easy thing to grab when you’re rushing to go somewhere and need to look put together. You don’t even have to think.
- Finally, as I mentioned in #1, maxi dresses are the comfiest things in the world! I can squat, sit on the floor and not care because my undies won’t show. I can run wild and free, and it will still look dramatic because of that fabric movement! Haha! Can you picture that in your head? Yep, that!
What I’m Wearing
Express Maxi Floral Dress (c/o The Waterfront, sold out but included similar options below); Stuart Weitzman espadrille wedges c/o ThreadUp; Charming Charlie striped Austin earrings c/o; Quay sunglasses; BaubleBar Star Necklace; Alex & Ani bangles; Hermes Clic Clac H bangle; Apple watch (that I’ll be putting on sale at my Poshmark closet in the next week); Cult Gaia ark bag.
Now on to more important things for my fellow bloggers, the new Blogging Tips series!
For awhile, I’ve been toying with the idea of adding *another* category on the blog. I originally planned this blog to focus on style. But who am I to ignore what most of my readers engage with, right? Whenever I share blogging tips on my insta-stories, I notice a lot DM to respond or ask questions. Because I really want to help my fellow bloggers, I thought about sharing more in-depth tips here. So without further ado, I’m launching the Blogging Tips series! This is not going to be the first one since I want a separate blog post for my very first tip. So, I’m gonna be pulling an all nighter tonight and publish it tomorrow. If you’re a blogger and wanna learn how to approach brands to work with, make sure to come back tomorrow. Okay? Until then. Xo, Cris.