Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #CareWithKeratin #sponsored
Hello STYLEanthropy friends! Today, I want to help you find your style based on your personality and your preferences. I know that some struggle to find their personal style. What style would look best on you? What type of clothing will make you look more confident? Also, what hair color to try next? I was inspired by what Dress for Success® do for my fellow women who would like to thrive in their work and life. So I thought, why not share some styling tips to help these women be more confident with their looks as they take on job interviews here and there.
Find Your Style Based on Your Personality
Before we dive into fashion and clothes, how about a hair makeover? I don’t know about you. But when I want to tackle something new like a major life event or change (i.e. new work, job interview, birthday, etc.), I feel the itch to change up my hair – be it a new cut or new color. I prefer the latter because I can save some $$$ by doing it at home with professional quality hair color, thanks to Schwarzkopf Keratin Color.
Schwarzkopf Keratin Color
I like the Schwarzkopf Keratin Color line because it cares for the hair. It contains a pre-treatment for even color, but still gives out an intense shade. It also offers 100% gray coverage.
What I also love about Schwarzkopf Keratin Color is that they are proud sponsors of Dress for Success, currently with a contribution of $125,000! I like supporting brands that give back.
It also helps that I can easily grab a box when I head to Walmart for grocery shopping! Head here for a try me free rebate!
It was perfect timing because I was getting tired of my previous light brown with dark blonde tips as seen here in my before photo.
Now if you’ve never colored your hair at home or on your own before, you’ll be surprised how easy it actually is.
Hair Color at Home
Start off with a pre-treatment on the ends of your hair – those that are dry and/or need nourishing.
After lathering the pre-treatment, begin by mixing the color cream and the developer. Note that these are all in the super-easy-to-follow instructions. I’m just giving you a quick run through how I do my hair color at home.
And then go on with applying the color all over your hair.
And this is the after, the final result…
Tada! Back to a deep burgundy or red, just in time for Fall season!
Now, let’s talk styles and hair colors to choose depending on your personality and preferences! What style should you go for or hair color to try next?
Styles and Hair Color to Try Based on Your Personality
- Do you love to have fun and go out with your girlfriends often? Do you prefer going to places with music you can dance to? Do you like adventure? Do you like to be different and not stick to basics?
- WEAR: animal prints like cheetah and leopard. Try an animal print blouse with red heels or vice versa. Incorporate a fun faux leather jacket on top of casual tops and jeans, and finish off with statement pumps. Go for boho-inspired maxi dresses for casual looks.
- HAIR COLOR TO TRY: reds, burgundy, wine, ombre (two tones), highlights.
- Do you love classic, jazz, ballad, or romantic music? Do you love to watch broadway shows? Do you like eating at restaurants with a quiet and relaxed feel? Do you stick to classic pieces?
- WEAR: monochromatic looks like nude colored-suits – blazer and pants. Wear pin stripes. Go for neutral button down shirts that you can mix and match with different colored blazers and pants. Try chambray tops for casual looks.
- HAIR COLOR TO TRY: elegant browns with ashy tones, cool dark browns, chestnut, brunettes, black.
- Do you love edgy pieces? Do you like rock music? Do you love to hang out at bars instead of clubs? Do you prefer to eat at quick bites instead of fine dining? Do you like the look of dark makeup?
- WEAR: moto jackets. Plaid shirts and skinny jeans are great casual looks. For work, try black suits with blouses that you can take from day to night. Try on a pair of strappy heel sandals that can go from work to play.
- HAIR COLOR TO TRY: black, deep red, plums, blues.
- Do you like pop music? Do you always want to try what’s new in town? Do you like to check out the hottest food or drink craze? Do you love quirky and girly pieces? Do you like pink? Do you love romantic comedy or watch the next blockbuster movie?
- WEAR: blush-colored tops and pants or skirt. Try pleated skirts over button down shirts. Wear neutral-colore cardigans over pretty blouses and slacks. Wear tops with feminine details like ruffles, off-shoulder or bell sleeves. Try quirky prints.
- HAIR COLOR TO TRY: blondes, light browns, pastel/mermaid colors.
As always, these are just guides. Remember, there are no rules when it comes to fashion. If you feel like you’re both 1 and 3, or 2 and 4, then go for it. What I like about fashion is that you can always PLAY WITH IT! As I always say, WEAR what makes you FEEL GOOD! Because the most important accessory is YOUR CONFIDENCE! If you’re conscious about what you’re wearing or doubtful about your outfit, then it will show. So wear what makes you happy. Hope that helps!
Do you have other styling tips you’d like to share for our fellow women who are in need of support? Do share them in the comments below. I’m sure they would love to hear from fellow women like you. Xo.