Today at STYLEanthropy, I’m sharing my thoughts on the February MIMI Beauty Bag. You may recall me posting about it on Instagram, and sharing it on my Snapchat too. In case you don’t know, MIMI is an online publication (part of the Time Inc family). Their website is filled with beauty news, tips, and beauty inspo for all of us beauty lovers. Now, each month, they curate a themed-bag filled with editor picks. What that means for you? You get to enjoy the best of the best, editor-trusted products right at your fingertips. Soon, you’ll be able to purchase their #MIMIBag and I heard there won’t be a subscription. So, no commitments = Yasss!
February MIMI Beauty Bag Review
To help you out, I thought I’d share my thoughts on their February MIMI Beauty Bag. So you’ll get a feel of what their beauty bags are all about.
The Makeup Bag
First impression on the February bag, opening the package, I already squealed in delight. I mean, just look at that makeup bag?
“Love thy lipstick, love thyself.”
It’s quirky and fun. Plus, the color is just enough to remind you that it’s the month of hearts! Did I mention the material of the makeup pouch is like neoprene and reminds me of my favorite swim suit? It is well made, with the heavy duty zipper. I am actually planning to use this for trips and might end up to be my swimsuit bag come summer.
In the bag, is a good range of products – all full-sized ones! And when they say it’s a themed-bag, they are true to their word. Being a February bag, it’s filled with rosy shades of makeup, a rose oil blend and a rose colored bottle of toner – all from Pixi by Petra cosmetics brand. Then there’s a pink nail polish from Essie, called Madison Ave-Hue. I’m wearing it right now and you may recall me posting about this nail polish color with a matching chocolate box on my Instagram.
Also in the bag is a black lace underwear (ahem, Valentines be wild), and Bliss Spa’s ingrown eliminating pads. So you’ll have flawless legs to match that lace undies. We don’t want ingrown hair on our legs after shaving now, do we?
Overall, the mix of products are pretty good. There’s nothing I wouldn’t want to try or nothing useless unlike with other subscription beauty boxes or bags. So, let’s talk about the beauty products one by one. So I can share with you my thoughts on each beauty product.
- Pixi SkinTreats Glow Tonic – an exfoliating toner with 5% glycol acid, aloe vera and ginseng. This is part of their new SkinTreats collection. It’s the new toner that I’ve recently added to my beauty routine. There’s a refreshing feeling once applied to cleansed skin with a cotton pad. There’s a faint smell of the aloe and ginseng, which at first I thought was a rosy scent. I like how it completes my cleansing routine, removing any impurities left. It’s hypoallergenic, alcohol free and the botanical extracts sooth sensitive skin. So if you have sensitive skin, this is good for you.
- Pixi SkinTreats Rose Oil Blend – another from their SkinTreats collection, this rose oil blend is a nourishing face oil. It says in the direction to use 2-3 drops (comes with a dropper) after a cleansed and toned skin. However, I find that the oil is heavy. So I suggest starting with only a drop of the oil and work from there. I’ve heard great things about rose oil. So I’m excited to see how this will nourish my skin in the long run. For now, it’s been great at moisturizing my skin, especially since it’s winter season. If you have oily skin though, this may not be a good idea, especially during the summer. But, I find that it’s great at moisturizing my cuticles and nails. So you might want to try to use this for that instead. I know my hands have become dry this winter season, what with all the hand washing using hot water, heater and hot showers.
- Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm – like my hands, my lips have become dry with the season. So I appreciate tinted lip balms with moisturizing power. This Sweet Peach is a perfect almost nude shade – with just enough peach to give me color. It’s moisturizing yet not too glossy.
- Pixie Endless Silky Eye Pen – this top-tested Beauty Awards winner from Good Housekeeping in 2015 – glides pretty easily. It’s so easy to apply that it helps get that perfectly even eye liner! I got the copper glow color that I’m loving right now. It’s not as overpowering as black, but it’s dark enough to define the eyes. The copper has shimmer in it that makes it a perfect night out eyeliner. But honestly, I’m that obsessed, I’ll be wearing this for both day and night looks, for sure.
- Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Copper Peach – to match the copper eyeliner, MIMI included this copper peach palette. I’m in love with the colors – soft, feminine and romantic. You get a highlighter shade, darker shades for crease definition, and some metallic ones for the center of the lid. The palette is small enough to bring anywhere and would definitely fit mini bags. It’s also great that it comes with a dual applicator so you’re ready to do your eyes anywhere you go.
- Essie Polish in Madison Ave-Hue – I love this color! Like I said earlier, I’m wearing it right now. It’s not just a regular pink color, it’s got specks of silver shimmer in it but very subtle. You won’t notice it until you bring your nails closer to you. Love it!
- Bliss Spa Ingrown eliminating pads – I like having these packets handy for in-between shaves. If you’ve got sensitive legs and get that stubble or lumps and bumps, this helps keep them at bay.
So all those, plus the makeup bag, and lace undies make the February MIMI beauty bag. Overall, I like the selection. My favorites would have to be the Pixi Glow Tonic toner, Pixi Silky Eye pen, Pixi mineral palette, Pixi lip balm, and Essie polish in Madison Ave-Hue. Oh, and of course, the makeup bag is the cherry on top.
So if you like what you see here and want to try out the next MIMI bag, make sure to check on their website, www.mimichatter.com for the next one. If you go to the MIMI beauty bag section on the top menu, it will bring you to the page where you can leave your email. That way, you get notified when the next beauty bag is available.
STYLEanthropists, if you have any questions about the products shown here or anything about the MIMI bag at all, do let me know in the comments below. And I hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day with your loved ones. Xo.