This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MilkaMeetsOREO #CollectiveBias
Today at STYLEanthropy, I’m sharing with you how you can create and style a snack cart for entertaining. I LOVE having a bar cart at home because I can use it in so many ways. Aside from the obvious, my bar cart has served as a coffee table alternative, plant pot holder by the window, display area, and now a snack cart. I love having one for impromptu gatherings, or when family and friends decide to come over on short notice. That way, I have something to offer even just for light bites.
How to Create and Style a Snack Cart
You can call me a total girl scout because I try my best to be prepared and armed with essentials every time. And yes, this goes for just about anything. So before your next guest comes over unannounced, get that snack cart ready and styled with these tips. Read on.
1. Stock Up on Chocolates and Cookies
Perhaps the easiest food to stock in your snack cart are chocolates and cookies. Because honestly, who can say no to these?
It’s the perfect time to try the new product from OREO – the Milka OREO Chocolate Candy Bars. They would be perfect for setting up that snack cart and you can get a great Ibotta offer happening right now. Aside from the everyday low price, when you buy the Milka OREO at Walmart, you can earn $1 with Ibotta.
You can find them in the candy/chocolate aisle at Walmart.
Already drooling from the photos of chocolate? Oh you won’t be disappointed once you’ve tried them out. Okay, moving on…
2. Decorate your Snack Cart with Fresh Flowers
I love having fresh flowers at home. It just gives the whole space a brighter and home-y feel. Is it just me or do flowers make everything look more beautiful, happier, and more yummy? I thought so too! So dress up that snack cart with fresh flowers to give it that extra spark.
3. Add other Decorative Elements
Instead of just all food in your cart, make it a decorative element in the room. Besides, your cart is “on display” since it’s out in the open, ready to serve guests any time. Add decorative touches like a cute candle – mine is a pineapple candle. You can also add some metallic decor like the gold metal globe on the bottom tier of my cart.
4. Use Stylish Containers and Holders for Food
Since the cart is on display, I like using decorative containers to hold the food I’m serving. Some ideas for you:
- White lacquer and acrylic trays are pretty popular right now and they hold the chocolate bars pretty nicely.
- Glass or apothecary jars are always stylish food containers for candy and cookies. It’s a perfect way to display the Milka Oreo Choco-Mix Snack Mix!
- Vases can also be used for food. See the tall glass vase I used for the Milka Oreo Chocolate Candy Bar?
- Decorative jars are great for storing snacks too. I found this large pineapple jar at a home store and it has instantly become one of my favorites.
- Cake stands aren’t just meant for cakes. You can use them to serve chocolates as well. See how I cut up the Milka Oreo Big Crunch Bar Chocolate Candy Bar into chunks and layered them on top of the mini cake stand? Just a side note, the Big Crunch Bar is my favorite! It’s perfect for sharing when a big group comes over.
5. Find a Spot for Your Snack Cart in Your Living Room
While tables or consoles are great, I love the flexibility of a bar cart because you can easily move it around. When there are no guests, place it in an empty spot in your living area.
And when guests come over, you can easily move it in front of the couch or somewhere nearby. So guests can help themselves to some treats!
Love these ideas? Make sure to pin the image below to save for later. And if you have other tips, please do share them. I love incorporating more ideas for entertaining at home!