Happy weekend… AND Happy Saint Patty’s! Before you head out, I’m sharing a new blogging tips post for my fellow bloggers or those who want to start their own. But for today, the tip I’m sharing with you is a very specific topic. It’s a tutorial on how to add a shop page using RewardStyle. So, you’ll need to have been accepted into the RewardStyle affiliate program to use this. If you are, and you need help setting up your shop page, then read on.
What is RewardStyle and How do Bloggers Earn Income from Blogging?
A little intro for those who are curious. RewardStyle is a form of affiliate program – one of the ways bloggers earn their income. Blogger posts or shares an item/product with a unique link (affiliate links) to purchase it. It can take you to some of your favorite online shops like Target, Nordstrom, Amazon, Tory Burch, Shopbop, etc. And when the reader makes a purchase, the blogger earns a commission out of it. Personally, it has become a very important source of passive income when I’m not posting sponsored posts.
With sponsored posts, I get in a sort of contract with a brand for xx amount of dollars to write a blog or social media post. I publish the post, get paid for the agreed amount, and that’s it. Contract/job is done.
But with affiliate links, I can continuously earn from them. For example, when I posted about the Gucci sale in 2017, my readers read the post and clicked on the links to head to the Gucci sale. A lot of them made a purchase, which meant I earned commission from the purchases. Since that blog post practices good SEO (ahem, proud, lol), when you Google “Gucci Sale 2017”, most likely you’ll see me in the top 3 results – which meant a lot of people saw that post and continue to see it and make purchases from that post. So year round, I’m earning from that post even if that post is several months or even a year ago! To give you an idea, during the usual Gucci sale season, I can earn a thousand in a week just from commissions, even when I’m not doing anything (since it’s an old post). And I’m not saying that to brag, but rather so you have an idea how important of an income source it can be for a blogger. Besides, it’s not always like this for me. Holidays and sales are the peak days for me. And… I’m not even a top blogger. Other top bloggers can earn upwards of $15,000 in a month (especially during holiday season) just with affiliate links.
Blogging Tips: How to Add a Shop Page with RewardStyle
That’s why having a Shop Page or a blog post with shoppable images or products is great to have in your blog. So, if you’re excited to add that shop page, I created a video tutorial for you. Beware though, I made this with my phone while I was sick. I made it with the intention of sending to a fellow blogger, not really to post here. So it’s not professionally done. I apologize! But it does show what you need to do in order to create the shop page for your blog. So, if you’re ready, watch the video below and let me know if you have any questions! If you’re new to blogging and want to get in to RewardStyle, email me so I can refer you.
Bonus: How to Create a LTK-enabled Image on Instagram
Another requested topic is how to create an LTK-enabled image on Instagram. Basically, you need to download the LikeToKnow.IT app on your phone so you can access your favorites folder from RewardStyle and link those in an Instagram image you’re posting. When people who are signed up to LTK like your photo on Instagram, they’ll automatically get an email from LTK that includes the links to shop the items you linked in your post. Similarly, when they screenshot your photo on Instagram and open up LTK, they’ll be able to see the photo on their feed and see the items you linked. So how to do this? Follow these steps below:
1) First, open up your LTK app on your phone and create a new LTK image. See the PLUS (+) icon on the lower right? Click that.
2) It will then open up your photos on your phone, select the image you want to use for your LTK-enabled instagram image. I’m choosing the first one with the Cult Gaia bamboo circle bag. 🙂
3) You have an option to crop your image on this step. But I like to select the Original size since I have already edited this photo for Instagram.
4) Now you’ll be directed to your favorites folders of where you saved the products that you want to link to. You can choose the folder where your products were saved, or you can go directly to the search tab and search an item you want to link to. For example, I just want to search for a similar fedora hat by other brands because the one I’m featuring in my picture is an old one and is no longer being sold.
5) Next, add the products to your photo. When you search or open your favorites folder, you’ll see a grid of products like this. Just select the products you want to be linked in your photo and then click the GREEN CHECK mark on the top right as seen below:
6) You’ll be directed back to this page and on the bottom of this page, you can see the products that were added/linked. You can link UP TO 16 products only. Once you’re done, click on the GREEN RIGHT ARROW ICON on the top right as seen below:
7) Now, you can write your caption for Instagram here. You can add emojis and hashtags if you like. But you can also edit and add these later when you’re on the Instagram app.
8) Under the white space for writing your caption, you’ll see these gray highlighted text that says “Image link” along with the @liketoknow.it tag and hashtag. In order to enable your image to have the LTK links, you need to tap on those gray links to add it to your image. Once you tap those, it will be added under your caption. Under those gray highlighted texts are other hashtags and optional captions that you can add by tapping into them. Again, when done, tap on the GREEN RIGHT ARROW icon to move to the next step.
9) You’ll be taken to this page to confirm the caption, tags, and products linked in your photo. In the bottom, you’ll see the green text that reads “ENABLE IMAGE”. Click that if you’re ready to post on Instagram.
10) You’ll get to this page where you can select “Prepare for Instagram”. Click on that selection.
11) You can then choose if you want a “heart” overlay or not. Sometimes, I add the heart icon, but more often than not, I keep my image without the overlay. So here, I chose the image without the overlay. Underneath the image, you’ll see the green text “Launch Instagram”. Tap on that text to open the Instagram app. Liketoknow.it will automatically open the Instagram app for you with the image ready for posting. It also automatically copied your caption for you. So all you have to do is to paste it in the caption section. Once you’ve pasted your caption, you can simply add your hashtags or edit your caption if you like. Just don’t remove the LTK link and tags. Then just hit share like you would any other Instagram post and you’re done!
If you have any questions, feel free to message me or leave me a comment below! I’d be happy to help! Until next blogging tips post! XO.