Sometimes, we have to squeeze in gym time in between work, appointments, and errands. But how can you look put together after a sweat session – in gym clothes? Well, thank goodness athleisure became a popular trend last year. Now, it’s common to see people out and about in sneakers, leggings, pullovers and hoodies. So if you’re looking for inspiration on how to look presentable after a workout, here’s an after gym look, along with some ideas on how to achieve it.
How to Achieve a Decent After Gym Look
- Opt for neutral-colored gym clothes. While I sometimes wear the occasional colored gym clothes (sometimes is the key word, I probably own 2 colored ones), I like to stick to neutrals. I like black and gray leggings and tops because you can easily get away with wearing them even outside the gym.
- Have a pullover, hoodie, or shirt to layer. Take a cute pullover or hoodie with you in your gym bag. You can easily layer it on top of your tank or sports bra after a workout. If it’s in the summer, a cute statement tee like this or a whimsy tee like this would be a good idea.
- Cap it off. Gym hair can be messy and sweaty. Hide the bad hair day look with a cap. This faux leather one is pretty badass and this neutral faux suede cap is great for spring.
- Go for stylish sneakers. Okay, don’t mind the double sole Stan Smith’s I’m wearing here. They aren’t for the gym. But I just wanted to share with you that going for a pair of slick sneakers will also help you look put together when you’re out and about. A pair of white or black ones will easily transition you from the gym to the streets. I am also loving these metallic kicks and these Thea’s.
- Tote it up or Backpack it. When it comes to gym bag, I say skip the rugged duffle or fabric bag. Go for a structured tote or a stylish backpack like this. Or if you want a light fabric one, opt for something sleek like this or this. I’ve been WANTING this backpack for quite sometime now. I think Santa didn’t get the memo!
What I Wore
Hoodie and leggings c/o Sweaty Rocks; Faux leather cap and choker c/o Zaful; Backpack c/o Day and Mood; Shirt c/o Allied Shirts; Adidas Double Sole Stan Smith sneakers (Also, double sole Superstars here).