Today at STYLEanthropy, we’re talking about beauty and how to apply mascara the correct way. Because… the struggle. I know. Our lashes should always be on fleek. And I know how applying mascara can be tricky. Sometimes it tends to mess everything up. Imagine spending time perfecting your eye shadow and eye liner only to get ruined by mascara marks on your lids. So, we need to get that flawless look babe! Below are 8 tips to remember when applying your mascara.
8 Tips on How to Apply Mascara Correctly
- Curl your lashes before you apply mascara. It will open up and frame your eyes especially if you have short lashes.
- When using a lash curler, start squeezing in steps starting from the lashline up to 3/4 of your lash.
- When ready to apply, place your finger just below the eyebrow and pull up for easy application.
- Hold the wand horizontally and sweep mascara from roots to end applying only to the last tips on first application.
- While sweeping, roll the wand slightly and wiggle slightly from side to side for even distribution.
- Let the mascara dry for 4-5 minutes before applying the next coat. Don’t hurry, do other things. Before you go on with the next coat, check if the mascara is dry. Try blinking, if tiny marks were left on your eyelids, then it’s still wet. Clean lids with cottonbuds. If dry, continue with the second coat like you did in the first.
- If you want thicker lashes, carefully apply mascara to the upper side of the lashes but do not overload!
- Do not apply a mascara color that’s too dark. If you have light colored hair, stick to brown colored mascara.
Now that you’ve learned new tricks, here are some of my favorite mascara products that you can try out for yourself.
STYLEanthropists, hope you enjoyed today’s beauty talk and I hope these tips on how to apply mascara help you with the struggle! Haha. Stay beautiful!