This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GlissHairRepair #CollectiveBias
Today at STYLEanthropy, we’re talking all about your summer hair. But wait, what is summer hair? Why should we be more cautious with our hair in the summer season? Just think of this – we spend way more time outdoors this time of the year. You subject your hair to harmful UV rays, chlorine pools, sand, beaches, brighter or lighter hair colors, beachy waves hair style, and more. These are not very gentle to your hair. So we need ways to take extra care of our hair this time of the year!
7 Ways to Take Care of Summer Hair
- Wear a Hat – whether you are heading to the pool or beach, or simply staying outdoors for long periods of time, a hat is your best friend. Don’t let hair get fried under the heat of the sun. It needs all the protection you can get!
- Choose a Boar Bristle Brush – boar bristles like this brush I’m holding here are gentler to your summer hair because they are softer than plastic or nylon brushes. At the same time, boar bristles stimulate the scalp and help distribute the hair’s natural oils, making it shiny. But if you noticed, this brush has a mix of nylon in it. This helps with detangling and it’s ideal if you have thicker hair. For finer hair, you can go with a pure boar bristle brush.
- Use Gentle Hair Ties – stay away from rough, textured, or rubber hair ties. Instead, go with fabric-like ties that are gentler to your summer hair. The last thing you need is to add strain to your strands.
- Go Easy on the Heated Hair Tools – try to limit heat-styling if you can. I recommend washing your hair at night, an hour or more before you head to bed. This way, you can just air-dry instead of using heated tools. If you love to curl your hair, try braiding or putting it up on a bun the night before. When you wake up, you’ll have natural waves! Save heat styling for those days you need it the most – special occasions, party, interview, romantic dates, etc.
- Take Hair and Nails vitamins – there are many vitamin brands you can find at the grocery meant for healthier hair and nails. These usually contain Biotin, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E.
- Pamper with a Hair Mask – not only does it feel like you’re pampering yourself at the safety of your own home, hair mask will help restore the health of your hair. Choose one that’s made to address your summer hair concerns. I’m using the Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask for heavy damaged hair. This is perfect if you regularly color your hair and perhaps had bleaching recently. I did. So I’m really in need of repairing! I’ll talk more about the Gliss™ Hair Repair product lines below after I share with you my tips.
- Use a Shampoo and Conditioner Perfect for Your Hair Type – not everyone has dull hair. Not everyone needs volume or repair. Some have highly treated or colored hair, while some don’t. So make sure to get a shampoo and/or conditioner that’s meant for you. For example, if you need extreme damage repair and protection like mine, then try the Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Repair Shampoo and the Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Repair Conditioner. There are many other Schwarzkopf Gliss™ hair repair lines. There’s one for moisture, one for extra volume, and another for color-treated hair among others. Again, find one that best suits your needs.
Gliss Hair Repair
Gliss Hair Repair line of beauty products is new to the U.S. market. They are specifically formulate for repairing hair – whether the hair damage is from coloring, styling, or even your day to day activities outdoors. Like I mentioned above, there are many sub-lines that address different hair concerns. Let me name them quickly below.
- Ultimate Repair – 3x the amount of liquid keratin for extra strength repair
- Ultimate Moisture – for dry hair
- Oil Nutritive – for split ends
- Extra Volume – for added volume
- Color Guard – for protecting color
See? There’s something for everyone! You can find the Gliss Hair Repair products at Walmart on the hair care/shampoo/conditioner aisle. For better results, make sure to get the matching shampoo, conditioner, and treatment. Even better, YOU SHOULD PRINT THIS COUPON to get $5 off on TWO (2) Schwarzkopf Gliss Shampoo, Conditioner, OR Treatment. That is such a deal! So better take advantage. I know I did.
Love these summer hair care tips? Make sure to pin the image below to save for later! And how about you? Do you have other ways that you do to take care of your hair in the summer?