Can you believe it’s December 1 and I’m already talking about the next year? I know! While I’ll be sharing more Holiday outfits and gift guides, including a casual Holiday look below, I’m already looking at the new year ahead. One of the things I want to work on is my self-confidence. While I try my best to go out there, attend events, or meet new people, deep inside I’m a shy little girl. But I try. And so I thought I’d share these 5 little things that can help boost that confidence in you! So we can both do it together!
5 Ways to Boost Your Confidence
- Dress to Impress. Some people don’t care about what they wear. Some would say it’s just fashion, or it’s too shallow. But other people don’t understand what a good outfit can do to your self confidence! When I’m dressed and happy with my outfit, I feel like I can conquer the world! I’m not telling you to wear a dress, a gown, or high heels. It’s not about wearing the most extravagant or expensive things. More over, it’s not about wearing the trendiest pieces too. If it doesn’t suit you, don’t go with that trend! It’s about wearing something that makes you feel and look good! Choose pieces that flatter you or highlight what you’re proud of. It can also be as simple as a fun, quirky tee that shows your personality or tells more about you – just like what I’m wearing here c/o the Happiest Tee.
- Makeup or Cosmetic Procedures. You read that right. YOU DO YOU. It’s your face. It’s your body. If you want to put on makeup, do it! If you don’t want to put makeup on, then don’t. Work out to look and feel fit. Want a cosmetic procedure done, then go for it. Maybe you want a boob job, a lip injection, hair transplant, or a tummy tuck done. I’m not about to tell you NOT to do those things. Because in the end, if it will help you boost your confidence or your body image (as long as it’s a safe procedure done by professional doctors), then that’s what matters. If it will promote self-care or self-love, then go for it. What I will tell you though is if you’re going to do it, do it for yourself and nobody else. Don’t do it because you want to look like someone else. We all have to respect each other, no matter if we have different views about these things – which leads me to the next tip.
- Always Be Kind. How is this going to boost your confidence? Imagine a world with no bullies. If everyone stops picking on each other, then we won’t have a problem with insecurities. It maybe a simple innocent tease, but it can be quite a dent to someone’s self confidence. So let’s stop the hating and the judging. Surround yourself with kind people who lift you up, not bring you down, and do the same for others.
- Continue Learning and Growing. Have you ever felt like you don’t want to approach someone or a group of people for fear of not knowing what to say or not being able to understand what they’re talking about? Like you feel intimidated that you just want to go home and hide? Being able to relate can help boost your confidence. That’s why it’s important to continue learning and growing as a person. For example, I feel more confident meeting with a company if I know about them. So I do my research and google about them, their brand, and their practices. Maybe they use a technique that I’ve never heard of. So it helps knowing about that new technique when I talk to them. It can be helpful to learn new things in your field. But at the same time, if you’re ever in that situation, remind yourself that approaching those people can actually be that “learning” experience. You’ll be surprised that people are more than willing to teach or explain things to you if you simply ask.
- Put Yourself Out There. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m a really shy person. I get or feel awkward meeting new people. But I still go to networking events. I try to meet new people. I try to put myself in that awkward situation. Because for me, it’s training! It’s training myself to be more confident. And if you ever feel like you did bad, don’t worry. It’s a learning experience and you can do better the next time.
How about you? What are the other things that you do to help you boost your self confidence? Do share because I’m always looking for more ways to boost mine too!
- Happiest Tee: Happiest in NYC long-sleeved tee c/o. Use code HOHOHO30 for 30% off + free domestic shipping.
- Members Only: Faux Suede Biker Jacket c/o. It’s currently on sale!
- Versona: Mettalic Foiled Ankle Pants c/o
- Charming Charlie: clutch c/o
- Other Accessories: Quay Australia sunglasses (sold out, similar here); Bauble Bar earrings; Suede ankle boots c/o Sammy Dress